Mulusew Birara Yizengaw
Dean, College of Natural and Computational Science
Institutional Email:- email@example.com
Personal Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Natural and Computational Science was launched at the 1st establishment of Kebri Dehar University in 2010 E.C.
The College of Natural and Computational Sciences in its four and half year of establishment has gone through various stages of development. Currently, the College encompasses six departments offering seven undergraduate degree programs and Plans to open new undergraduate and post graduate programs at the coming year 2015E.C
The objectives of the college
- Produce skilled and well-trained manpower who are capable of taking up positions in the growing demand of the various sectors of the economy such as various industries, and learning institutions, research institutions, as well as various environmental conservation endeavors of the country;
- Disseminate knowledge in science and related areas through active participation in related professional activities, such as Regional Networking, Workshops, Symposia and Publications;
- Develop capabilities for the provision of consultancy and technical services as well as short term specialized training to both public and private sectors.
- To promote the philosophy of Community Based Education (CBE) with the aim of bringing about palpable change in the community through active community participation and intersectoral collaboration
· To contribute to societal development through the training of responsive professionals, the conduct of high-quality relevant research and professional advocacy.
Lists of programs, of the College
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
The College of Natural and Computational Sciences currently have more than 400 undergraduate students
In 2015 E.C. the college plans to launch BSc as well as MSc programs and increase the number of student. The college performs the tasks that are given by the university to achieve the vision and mission of the university in particular and the country at large.
The College of Natural and Computational Sciences aspire to be one of the best college in the country by 2022E.C
- To prepare knowledgeable, skilled, practically innovative and attitudinally mature graduates
- To supply relevant and demanded technology and knowledge that address national and community level development problems to help make operations of the government and non-government organizations efficient, effective competitive.
- To provide training and consulting services to community and government
- Truth and Integrity
- Being a learning organization
- Academic freedom
- Teaching learning Core process
Since the main objective of establishing universities throughout the country is to transfer knowledge. College of natural and computational science works for Excellence in teaching learning process. To make the teaching learning process practical, the college tries to establish laboratory class.