Shambel Abera Erele
Department of Political Science and International Relations
Institutional Email:- email@example.com
Personal Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Political science and international relations (PSIRs) had historically started to be delivered at Ethiopian university early 1950’s at Adise Ababa University and the aims of the program is to produce well qualified and high level professionals who could play a leading role in contributing for new knowledge, engaging higher-level research, teaching and consultancy services in the field of Political Science and international relations. Later on, other Ethiopian Higher institutions follow the footsteps of Adise Abeba University to launch the fields. Recently, department of Political Science and International Relation delivered at Bahir Dar, Wollega, Dire dawa, Jigjiga, Aksum, Woldiya, and this year (2014 EC.) Kebri Dehar University launched the field.
Kebri Dehar University (KDU), Department of Political Science and International Relations aimed at producing graduates who are well-rounded in the knowledge of indigenous/domestic and international issues, while being moral, principled, and responsible individuals in the society. The dep’t encourages researchers to develop knowledge beneficial to the society, provide the public with academic services, and supportive activities that uphold the traditions and customs of local communities.
“To be renowned department via producing brilliant graduates, conduct in-depth research, free of corruption, be academically ambitious, and be able to fulfil the national and international standard” and being leading field of study in the coming ten(10) years with delivering quality education and research.
- To bring about the teaching and learning experience that produces graduates who able to fulfil criteria’s of national and international standard.
- To encourage researches which pave way for knowledge and conducive to academic and social advancement.
- To provide the public with academic services and pass on academic knowledge with moral values to the society.
- To encourage new ideas and activities that upholds and maintains diversity.
- To conducting various seminar discussion and workshop on various related issues with the fields.
In order to carry out the above vision and mission effectively, the department of Political Science and International Relation, Kebri Dehar University has continued to harness its potential using the interpersonal relationship with all parties and staff members. Teachings are carried out in the manner that allows students to practice their analytical skills. Study trips and staff training will organised at necessary time, while the up-to-date facilities are provided, ranging from top level mgmt. up to the dep’t. In the near future, the dep’t will carry out a number of proposal to propel its potential forward with the aim of becoming a leading and being be able to role model department in Kebri Dehar University.
The Dep’t has laid out strategic points and has adjusted its development strategy in accordance with the vision and mission of the certain years to accomplish or to succeed it, with overviewing the national education policy framework and Kebri Dehar University’s strategic plan. There are different points in the curriculum development strategy as followed:
- Conducting different workshop, Panel discussion and awareness creation.
Delivering the course of political science and intern
- Delivering the course of political science and international relation in well manner.
- Produce researches that lead to new academic discoveries and policy suggestions for the public.
- Provide academic services using PSIR knowledge to improve the living quality and life-long learning for all students who attend it.
- Instil and foster democracy, while upholding the traditions and customs of the society.
- Administrate the dep’t effectively with emphasis on good governance and highly-positive results.